Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Electrolux Customer Service

So I'm a little upset. I buy my dream vacuum, really it's amazing.


I mean it's like the green lantern of vacuums. Anyway 6wks after buying it, it breaks. I call Electrolux and explain what the problem is, basically it won't stand upright, nothing to do with the motor at all, but when you put the handle up it doesn't lock, there's enough resistance in it for it to stay, but if you were to wrap the cord around the spot or anything like that, the vac moves side to side very gently. I paid too much for this thing to break and for me to look the other way. I call, the woman was amazingly nice and explains where I should take it to be serviced.

I call the man S, he explains if he has the part he should be done at the end of the day. that was December 12th, it is now January 8th and I still have no vacuum. I am not sure who is at fault here, but I can say I am irate! I am like the bull dog in Tom and Jerry when his face turns red and steam pours out of his ears. We have 3 kids, 3 dogs and a very expensive wool rug, I assumed would be ok being as I bought a nice quality (or so I thought) cleaning product. Now I am using a shop vac to clean my house, how trendy and awesome is that?? All the housewives of Orange County are using them, didnt you know?

A week later I call Mr S, he tells me he hasn't ordered the part yet, or he has and hasn't gotten it, there's a real language barrier there. Anyway I politely hang up and go talk with Electrolux again. The man was very nice. during the conversation he puts me on hold, Billy Idol is the music playing, I giggle and think I wonder if this means Electrolux is super awesome or I'm old because music I love is now considered Elevator "Hold" music?? Either way I talk with him for a while, he assures me they will do all they can and he hopes it comes back soon.

I continue to call Mr S on a weekly basis where he says No it's not done call in a week. a ENTIRE WEEK? For real dude??? He also has amazing Yelp Reviews, I'm starting to think they're fake. Anyway, Last Thursday January 3rd, I call Mr S again, he tells me his part hasn't arrived. I find that hard to believe, are there really TWO people flaking?? Could both companies basically not care about customers and take their sweet you know what time in ordering parts, and shipping them??

So I call Electrolux and they tell me they will forward my information to the right department who will call Mr S, and then call me back, it's been 3 business days. I've been without my vacuum for 4 weeks and a day. This is simply unacceptable. How do I know the product is being repaired properly since I've semi been a thorn in this mans side? What kind of company did I purchase a product from?? How long will this thing last? Bottom line, I think I should have saved a little more about bought the Oreck system from Costco :( 4wks later, my carpet is looking dingy, I have no vacuum, and no one taking responsibility for anything. So not cool.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go back to Mr. S's shop, ask for your Electrolux back and type up some HONEST reviews on Yelp about his service, or in this case...lack of! I'd also let everyone know where he is located and his address and tell people to run the opposite way. This is no way to run a business!

    ReplyDelete