Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meet my latest obsession...The Serger

It's very intimidating. There are more hiding places in this little machine than a corn maze. If you've been to a corn maze I hope they have hiding places, I've never been. I'm from so cal. I don't think there are many corn mazes here. Mostly people in southern California watch these things in movies, we don't actually experience them unless we leave.

Here is this confusing machine. I love it.




That's a shot although not very clear, my camera couldn't find a place to actually focus on. Anyway this is the bottom two loopers, threads.

a side view and the double needle. Imagine trying to re thread this once you've broken a thread! YIKES! The first time this happened it took me 90 minutes to get it all right. Of course I'm a bit OCD, so I had to get out the book, follow all the directions, make sure everything else was proper, re oil the machine and then make something because after all that work, I had to USE it.

Elna was kind enough to color code things. SCORE!
and a nice little "map" that tells you exactly how to thread it. Because color coding it makes things easy right?? HA HA! Remember 90 minutes?

I read somewhere on some forum that this little book was the BEST book ever for serger users, owners.
it gives such detail. Detail my own giant Elna manual didnt give. lots of tips, I've used ZERO of them so far. BUT I should get points for reading it right?? 
We purchased it off Amazon. here it is. it was 1.50 when I got it. Wow, look what 2 months will do to prices. Gas prices go up, Serger handbooks go up. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment