Monday, September 16, 2013

I sewed! Sienna Dress 2.0ish

I Sewed! I really sewed! It's been months since I've wanted to touch the machines. My anxiety was through the roof this summer, We had best friends visit for a week and had a blast then the letdown of them being gone, Demanding kids, anticipation of school for TWO now instead of just one.



School started with a BANG and the Diva wasn't happy about being left all day, no sir, no she wasn't. She was defiant, argumentative, and well..turns out she was comfortable in her class because she treated her teacher just like she treats her parents! D'oh!

The Third grader, wow. She got who I think may be the best teacher in the school, a perfect fit for her, a perfectionist, strict, rule follower and brilliant, plus she doesn't put up with any fluff from other students, a WIN WIN for us!

So,  I bought the new Lil Blue Boo Sienna 2.0 pattern last week, I was dying to dig in. I waited until Saturday and dove head first. You can find the pattern HERE. I love it, as usual I had to make a few changes to fit my daughters size. I only made the size 5/6 because I really knew I needed to play around with it, My Diva isnt very tall, so I typically have to shorten the bodice a bit, and she loves dresses, LOVES to twirl so I usually extend the skirts.

After I made two Sienna dresses, I dug out the Raceback pattern, and used the twirl skirt measurements from that dress, combined with the bodice/sleeves of the sienna and came up with two other dresses. I used scraps and remnants I had left over from my big Los Angeles Fabric District trip a year ago.

The Diva even wore one to school today! I love that she loves clothes so much. Next week I'll be onto the larger size for Miss K, I'm curious to see how they hang/fit on her ever maturing body.

Here are some pictures of the dresses.



My least favorite is the purple in the first picture, or farthest left in the group shot. The fabric wasn't as easy to work with once washed, it was very deceiving. Of course this made it the Diva's favorite right off the bat. My favorite is the orange, it was a tiny strip of fabric, I wish I would have had enough for the skit as well, but goodness, she looks good in orange. I love them all, I'm glad I made them all, and she's already worn one to school today!




No comments:

Post a Comment