Thursday, August 9, 2012

Craigslist Addict

So I'm Frugal.. Ok Ok I'm CHEAP. I mean cheap. I stay home with the kids, my husband works his tail off and works hard so that I am able to do this with them while they're young. I may not enjoy the 100 million "Why's" A day, or the messes, or WHINES, or complaints. But I do realize how important this is for our family. and love every moment.


So I shop sales, I use coupons, I make what I can, we live without as often as possible AND I search Craiglist like no one else if we are looking for something. Last week, I scored a HUGE find. HUGE..

I got over 100 cones of thread for the serger for $45. Considering most of these are around $4 each I think I got a GREAT deal. The woman I bought them from was also crafty. I'd say she's VERY crafty. She is now going to be making designer bags and this thread wasn't strong enough for her, So really the saying "My loss is your gain" rang true to us this week..

Check it out.







the boy obviously loved the find too.

The seller was about an hour away. So we made a day of it. We went to pick this up a few blocks from Disneyland. Then we did something we never do, we met Dad for lunch. We went to this ice cream parlor that is awesome. They had them when I was younger, and it closed down when I was about 5yrs old. I have SO many very young memories and have heard some amazing stories about this establishment, so when one opened near his work, we just knew we'd take the kids one day. It seems this WAS the day.

as  you can see, the boys in the family loved our lunch date too..

No comments:

Post a Comment